Dviation Group and ACI Groupe France to Boost APAC Aviation Industry with New Entity, ACI Pacific (Malaysia)

21st June 2023, Le Bourget -The Dviation Group, Malaysia (DVG) and ACI Groupe, France (ACG) are pleased to announce the signing of a Heads of Agreement (HoA) at the prestigious Paris Air Show 2023. This agreement aims to establish a strategic partnership by leveraging the combined expertise and resources of the parties to accelerate their growth in the Asia-Pacific region.

Under the terms of the HoA, DVG and ACG will form a new entity known as ACI Pacific Sdn Bhd (ACP). DVG will hold a (20%) minority stake in ACP, with the remaining (80%) being held by ACG. Having already invested a minority interest in DVG in 2021, this extended partnership is a testament to ACG’s commitment towards developing the aerospace eco-system for the APAC region – in line with DVG’s aspirations.

DVG Managing Director, Mr. Kevin Teoh, will assume the role of CEO for the newly established joint venture and is tasked with leading the partnership to expand its business organically and through external acquisitions, focusing on 3 key pillars:

  • Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)
  • Manufacturing
  • Training and Resources

The collaboration between the parties goes beyond financial investment, aiming to leverage shared expertise, resources, and networks to establish a comprehensive end-to-end aviation service provider in the region. ACP will mirror ACI Groupe’s successful business model in the APAC region – especially in the domain of aerospace manufacturing – with a focus on delivering high-quality services and solutions across the aviation asset life cycle.

“The expansion of our strategic partnership with ACI Groupe is indeed a significant milestone for Dviation and is a result of our commitment towards value creation and capability building for the aviation eco-system in the region,” said Kevin Teoh, Group MD of DVG, “ACG’s expertise and capabilities, especially in aerospace manufacturing, will enable us to enhance our market presence and expand our business operations, benefiting the entire aviation industry. We look forward to taking our growth to the next level and further contributing towards our beloved community.

On the same note, ACG CEO Philippe Riviere stated, “We are delighted to form this partnership with the Dviation Group, building upon the opportunities in the APAC region, which has been identified as the largest growth market in aviation in the coming years.”

“Malaysia, specifically, is a strategic hub for expansion in the region due to its abundant talent pool and ideal business operating environment. Furthermore, the Malaysian government has remained supportive of foreign investment in the country, providing a platform for growth opportunities, such as off-set programs for its defence-related products and services,” added Mr Riviere.

The Dviation Group is a specialized aviation solutions provider, offering end-to-end solutions covering the life cycle of aviation assets from acquisition, through to end-of-life. The organisation specialises in aviation consultancy, technical training, manpower solutions, fleet technical management and line maintenance solutions. Headquartered in Malaysia, Dviation’s presence spans across Asia, Europe, Middle East, and beyond.

ACI Groupe is a French ETI specializing in subcontracting (Studies, Design & Parts Manufacturing, Maintenance & Services) for advanced industries: Defense, Aeronautics, Energy, Automotive and Rail. Spread over 21 industrial sites close to the main technological basins, the Group’s entities have a set of technological know-how and complementary special processes enabling them to produce parts and sub-assemblies with high added value. ACI Groupe currently employs 800 people and supports more than 3,000 customers worldwide.